We continue to hear amazing stories from farmers.
- The lobster men and women who have built great businesses growing amazing products.
- The Wall Street guy who found peace getting back to his roots.
- The ex-WNBA player who is out every morning at the crack of dawn tending her crop.
- The young folks taking over the family business.
The list goes on and every farm has a great story to tell. And consumers want to know:
- Who grows my food?
- Why are they doing it?
- How do they do it?
- What makes it so amazing?
Telling your story moves you from that Buck-A-Shuck menu to the $3/shell menu.
Many farmers have amazing websites, Instagram feeds, brochures, videos and the like. Using these tools is critically important for growing your business. We suggest starting small, but be sure to start. Folks want to know your authentic story. What makes you and your farm special?
We just added another tool that should be helpful--and is really low maintenance: QR Codes on tags.
Every shellfish tag we print includes a QR code that links to more information about the product and the farm. Now that chef, shucker, wait person, or end consumer can learn your story right on their phone.